9/19/15

The life-changing magic of...

...cold medicine! Admitedly, i only just popped the pill, so it might not be as amazing as i think, but this is the first time in four years that I've been sick and able to take something like dayquil. It only took me a few hours of misery to realize it, too. 

That is an almost unbelievably good a feeling. Thank God for cold medicine! Not that i plan to take it often, but it's relief to, you know, be able to get some relief without worrying about harm to an unborn baby or harm to a breastfeeding one. 

Also, hard as life has been lately, there are other wins:

- Kaylen put her own clean clothes away and helped me sort out hers and Penny's by telling me all the clothes she didn't like. She also addressed me as "Hey, girl," which made crack up. Cue all the "Hey, girl" memes on pinterest.

- i left the dirty dishes in the sink for a day so i could do some re-arranging and turn the girls' old room upstairs to a sun room/craft room/extra hangout area. I have wanted to have a sunny sitting room for a long time, and it was totally worth making it happen. 

- blogging about much I dread September and fall did me a world of good. I'm sorry for the complaining, but it helped me think through why autumn is awful and come up with ways to make it better. Even enjoyable, maybe. (Hence the sun room.)

- I haven't tried to memorize any of God's Word in a very long while, but the other day I saw the verse of the day on my Bible app was Romans 8:26-27. And it was a timely word, of course. I'm probably mangling it, but here it is from memory: "Meanwhile, the moment we get tired in the waiting, God's Spirit is alongside helping us along. We don't know what or how to pray, but that doesn't matter at all. He prays in and for us, making prayers of our wordless sighs, our aching groans."

No comments:

Post a Comment