9/13/15

The changing light

September is a beautiful month. It's also the transitional month from summer to fall and it starts getting dark noticeably earlier. Sometimes, on a hot afternoon like today, I can't tell any difference. But especially in the morning, I can look outside at that blue, blue sky and just tell. The light is different. It's not going to stay summer much longer. And I have absolutely no control over the weather. There's a sense of panic that starts creeping in, feeling trapped by the onset of winter. 

But here i am, in Montana. And much as I would love to be in a perennially sunny place, I'm not sure I could survive without the support I have here. So I've got to learn to see whatever light I can and hang on tight to the Light of the World that never leaves. 

Anyway. Now that I've realized what this sense of impending doom is from, I can start looking for combative measures...for that and all my other kinds of crazy. ;) I had to laugh at this ecard because it's so accurate:
The nice thing about depression, though, is that it gives me an excuse to buy plants! I might have two in my room, one in the bathroom, three in the girls' room, and...eight in the living room. 

No comments:

Post a Comment