1/22/14

Gardeny things

Yesterday I bought a begonia for the bathroom and a primrose for Kaylen's room (picked out by her). The greenhouse at Gainan's is a-maz-ing this time of year...warm and sunny and full of green. There were tiny trees covered in grapefruit and i very much wanted one; but $70 even for a grapefruit tree is too much for me to spend. Not that I have stopped thinking about it....

I finally planted some microgreens and in theee days they've not only sprouted, they've grown to about two inches. That's in my somewhat chilly, North-facing living room!

I've been thinking a lot about planting, which makes the wait for Spring a tad easier somehow. When it's warm enpugh, our order for fruit-bearing plants will ship: two peach trees for the front yard and blueberries (in pots), raspberries, and grapes for the back. And Jason just told me he wants to take out the remaining juniper bushes in the front yard, so i should be thinking about what to plant there. That's basically like giving me a birthday present, because i had more shade-loving seeds last year than I could cram into the one little patch we had. If only there were shade-loving fruit bushes. Well, if there are, I will track them down. If not, there will just be a whole lot of herbs and flowers, which is hardly a loss. 

I love growing things. 




No comments:

Post a Comment